As organizations and communities continue to experience greater diversity, the need for a deeper understanding of the impact of diversity experienced by employees and organizations intensifies. Assumptions are the basis for strategies and if we assume that all workers have the same experiences, beliefs, potential, and motivations frustration will quickly follow. This course will explore how diversity impacts day-to-day lives and future productivity while providing tools to reduce uncertainty and assist in making sound decisions in the workplace.
This course is designed to improve your awareness and understanding of the challenges present as our world, community, and workforce continue to become more diverse. This course offers employees and organizations a fresh outlook on the impact of diversity as it is grounded in a sociological approach to understanding diversity. It differs from other diversity training in that it focuses on identifying how individuals perceive and react to diversity rather than the more common broad-based stereotypical checklist or fault-based cultural diversity training methods. This course delivery approach allows individuals and organizations the opportunity to assess how they currently view diversity and identify areas for improvement in a non-threatening atmosphere.
Professional Training Services prides itself in the ability to expand diversity training and understanding beyond traditional cultural diversity training. This training is designed to get individuals to think and understand how diversity will impact their futures in a positive framework.
The concentrated areas of study within this course are:
- Defining culture – examples broadening the definition and impact of diversity.
- Groundwork information to better comprehend the impact of current cultural assumptions and stereotypes.
- Cultural baggage, cultural shock, and cultural fatigue as concepts to better realize the long-term impact of diversity on individuals.
- Recognizing the importance and influence of communication.
- Recognizing the diversity of the public that employees provide service to.
- Importance of individual, event specific, evaluation and response choices.
- Strategies to improve diversity awareness and our response to increasing diversity