Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize, identify, and respond to both your personal emotions and the emotions of others. Emotional intelligence is the glue that holds relationships, partnerships, and personal interactions together while it also acts as the cornerstone for successful individual and organizational effectiveness.
This training focuses on providing a better realization of emotional intelligence, along with identifying strategies to effectively deal with negativity, stress, constant change, and the ever increasing expectations individuals face personally and professionally. The course is designed to give individuals the skills necessary to identify and manage common causes and responses to negativity, communication patterns, and the impact of attitude and perceptions. Grounded in emotional intelligence principles, individuals are given the opportunity to explore solutions to counter negative emotions and responses that influence individuals’ personal and professional success.
The concentrated areas of study within this course are:
- Defining emotional intelligence.
- The history of emotional intelligence.
- Principles of emotional intelligence.
- Identification of current workplace and personal issues impacted by emotional intelligence.
- Strategies to assess and improve emotional literacy.
- Raising emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Emotional survival in the workplace.